The Firefly Ridge wines have become very common at Safeway and Vons stores and frequently occupy prime shelf space. Are they worth a try?
Vons (aka Safeway)
It’s Friday and what better way to celebrate than by swinging by the grocery store on your way home and picking up a bottle or five of wine. Listed below are our picks for the week.
- Champagne – Gloria Ferrer (on sale $15.98 at Safeway / Vons until 6/10)
- Chardonnay – Bogle (on sale $8.98 at Safeway / Vons until 6/24)
- Sauvignon Blanc – Dry Creek Vineyard (available at Safeway / Vons)
- Cabernet Sauvignon – BV (on sale $7.76 at Safeway / Vons until 6/10)
- Zinfandel – Edmeades (Costco)
Warning this wine could cause relationship issues! Read on for details, but first a quick tangent: A couple of years ago we were out to dinner with some friends and our waitress recommended a wine to us. Very excited about the wine, the waitress came back seconds after pouring it asking how we liked it. Someone mumbled something about it and the waitress said Read More
Mmmm, my taste buds are watering just thinking about Gloria Ferrer champagne. It’s one of our all time favorite grocery store finds (and occasionally makes an appearance at Costco). Always under $20 and we’ve snagged it on sale at Vons for under $15. It’s a delicious sparkling wine which is such a good deal we have no qualms breaking it out for even the most minor celebrations. Listed below are four of the reasons we’ve used to break out the bubbly Read More